At Sunstone Montessori Schools, their work goes way above and beyond when it comes to implementing green practices and working with the community, including:
-Working with Willamette Riverkeeper and Portland Parks to maintain their neighborhood park
– Creating and are maintaining several gardens for student and community learning
– Hosting community electronics recycling drives
– Reducing water use 70% by installing low flow toilets
– Asking families to bring their own reusable dishes to school events
– Recycling everything that currently has a market
– Not using new paper in the elementary school on Friday. All paper that is used in class that day is re-used.
We applaud Sunstone Montessori for their work in building a sustainable community!