Get Ready to apply!
Oregon’s Safe Routes to School Program will be announcing the next round of Non-Infrastructure grant funding soon.
A SRTS NON-Infrastructure Program enables and encourages children, including those with disabilities, to walk, bicycle and roll to school, makes walking biking and rolling to school more appealing, and facilitates the planning, development and implementation of projects that will improve safety and reduce traffic, fuel consumption and air pollution in the vicinity of schools.
Grant Application Details:
- K-8 schools are eligible to receive services (not High Schools).
- Local agencies, school districts, non-profits are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a SRTS Action Plan or be in process of creating one; SRTS Action Plans must be updated to within 3 years of application.
This next round of grant will prioritize:
- Applicants that have not previously received SRTS program funding.
- Title one schools.
- Schools where there have been Infrastructure improvements within 1 mile of school site within last 10 years.
- Schools or school districts that have a current (within 3 years) SRTS Action Plan rather than starting the process of creating one.
- Applications asking to establish SRTS Coordinator position rather than funding incentives.
Check in with SRTS for more information.