There are numerous science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) conferences and upcoming competitions that you or your students may be interested in!
If you have any questions about the opportunities below, please reach out to the Solar 4R Schools team! These are fantastic opportunities for teachers to be involved with in the area of innovative STEM curriculum!
Conference Opportunity through the U of O – Next Generation: STEM, Standards and Sustainability
(Sponsored by the University of Oregon and Partners for Sustainable Schools.)
- When: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Where: This conference will take place simultaneously in Eugene and Portland
- What: Project based learning activities to align with Next Generation Science Standards.
- For more information or to register, follow this link.
43rd Annual IEEE PV High School Competition
- When: Sunday, June 5, 2016
- Where: Photovoltaic Specialists Conference at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- What: As part of a conference geared toward professionals in the photovoltaic industry, teachers can apply to receive $500 in seed money for their students to enter a solar design competition.
- For more information check out this link.
- When and Where:
- What: Help your students form teams and participate in the KidWind Challenge to design a better wind turbine!
- For more information check out this link
PGE/PPS Renewable Energy Teacher Training (Portland K-5 Teachers Only)
- When: Saturday, March 5, 2016, 8:30 am – 3:30 PM
- Where: Arleta Elementary School
- What: As part of an installation of 1.2 MW of solar on local schools, PGE has funded three workshops in the Portland area. This is the last workshop to fill up, with only seven spots left for PPS K-5 teachers.
- For more information see the attached flyer. Will it be attached or does this need to be deleted?