Oregon’s Safe Routes to School Program is pleased to announce the next round of Non-Infrastructure grant funding. The ODOT Transportation Safety Division (TSD) has $300,000 available per year for Safe Routes to School Programs. Applicants may apply for up to three years of funding. Check these Guidelines first. Applications are due June 15, 2016
This next round of grants will prioritize:
- Applicants that have not previously received SRTS program funding.
- Title one schools.
- Schools where there have been infrastructure improvements within 1 mile of school site within last 10 years.
- Schools or school districts that have a current (within 3 years) SRTS Action Plan rather than starting the process of creating one.
- Applicants wanting to establish SRTS Coordinator position rather than funding incentives.
Who can apply?
- K-8 schools are eligible to receive services (not High Schools).
- Local agencies, school districts, non-profits are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a SRTS Action Plan or be in process of creating one; SRTS Action Plans must be updated to within 3 years of application.
See Application Guidelines for more details.