Or perhaps you know a motivated student looking to do something extraordinary by taking a term away and enrolling in Cascade Mountain School’s Semester School?
The CMS Semester School is based in the beautiful Columbia Gorge region of Oregon & Washington, at the intersection of the Columbia River and the Cascade Mountain Range, east of Portland. Students and staff will explore the ecological and human communities of the Gorge, and their many connected dimensions~ wilderness, agriculture, natural resource and industry, transportation, energy, and native communities. We will use this unique ecosystem to explore what resilience means in our changing world.
Close to 30% of students attending receive scholarships to help defray tuition costs. If you know of a motivated student who wants to attend, please direct them to apply!
The school also has upcoming summer and fall job openings. Stay tuned to their website for more information.
Our 2016 Line-Up includes:
* Day Camps for Gorge students ages 6-12
* Week-long middle school overnight outdoor adventure camps
* Week-long summer overnight science camps for teen girls
* Two-week high school overnight summer science courses for college credit
* 15-week Semester School for high school credit (Sept-December)
* Custom school programs
* Place-Based Education Teacher Training in late August