An initiative of Keep America Beautiful (KAB), America Recycles Day is the only nationally-recognized day dedicated to promoting and celebrating recycling in the U.S.
Each fall, thousands of communities across the country participate in ARD on and around November 15 to promote environmental citizenship and encourage action. Through ARD, KAB, along with its affiliates and partners, inspires communities to directly engage their residents to recycle more and recycle right 365 days a year.
Since its inception in 1997, thousands of communities across the country have participated in ARD throughout the fall. With KAB’s support, recycling ambassadors recruit thousands of organizations, schools, colleges and universities, businesses, and government entities to get involved in educating residents of all ages about recycling resources in their community through collection drives, demonstrations, competitions, tours, displays and other special events.
Become an America Recycles Day Event Organizer!
- Join the national celebration and make a difference in your community
- Feature your event on the national interactive event map
- Get tips, tricks, templates and tools from Keep America Beautiful to help make your event the best it can be!
IDEAS FOR AMERICA RECYCLES DAY EVENTS:
Check out our toolkit page for step-by-step instructions on a variety of events – here is just a sampling of what you can do to celebrate America Recycles Day:
- Educate students with recycling activities and games
- Collect recyclables at tailgates or other athletic events
- Hold a plastic bag collection drive at your local grocery store
- Set up a table at an existing event (block party, fair, church gathering,etc) and hand out local recycling information
- More activity ideas here
- Order America Recycles Day promotional items
TAKE THE PLEDGE:
The national recycling rate has increased every year for the past 30 years.
The current recycling rate is 34.5%.
Join thousands of businesses and individuals who pledge to reduce personal waste by recycling and encourage others to do so!