2016 Oregon Green Schools Summit
Friday, April 1, 2016 8:30 am – 2:15 pm
SUMMIT REGISTRATION IS CLOSED – SUMMIT IS FULL!
About the Summit
The 20th annual meeting of certified Oregon Green Schools will return to the Western Mennonite School on Friday April 1, 2016, 9045 Wallace Road Northwest, Salem, OR 97304.
The Summit is an opportunity for students from across the state to convene for a day of celebration, learning and networking. At the summit, we strive to celebrate the accomplishments of each school and to provide opportunities to strengthen programs.
Students will attend educational sessions that represent each section of the Oregon Green Schools application: waste reduction and recycling, water conservation, and energy conservation. Students will also attend a session where they can share the story of the green school program at their school and learn from other schools.
Schools with active Oregon Green Schools certification are invited to bring 4 students and 1 chaperon. Costs for a classroom substitute teacher and travel expenses will be generously covered by each school’s garbage/recycling hauler.
NOTE: Please note we invite schools grades 4-12 and the high school students will be on a different track.
- Continental breakfast provided.
- Attendance at the event is FREE. Due to generous support from solid waste & recycling haulers across the state, sponsorships are available to reimburse schools for the cost of a substitute teacher and travel expenses. Registration opens February 1. Register early — space is limited.
- “PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT” — all attendees are asked to bring WASTE-FREE LUNCHES from home, and refillable water bottles.
- Tabletop displays from all schools will be spotlighted in the exhibit area and presented to other schools by students during the “School Spotlight Session,” Remember to bring a display (up to 3 feet wide) for your school to share with others! Don’t be shy – brag about what makes YOU a Green School!
- We are accepting nominations for a handful of elementary and middle school students to be on the student panel. To nominate a student, please send their name, grade level and school to email@example.com by March 1. Students will be asked questions about their green team experiences by a moderator to generate discussion.
For questions about the summit contact firstname.lastname@example.org and please direct questions about shared transportation arrangements to your OGS regional coordinator.
We look forward to seeing YOU with your school at the 2016 Summit!
Summit Sponsors and Haulers
Thank you for making this day of celebration and learning possible!
If you would like to volunteer at the 2016 OGS Summit please email your name, phone number and availability to email@example.com.
Learn more about 2016 Summit Sponsorship opportunities.