The 2015 Oregon Green Schools Summit is this Friday, April 3 at the Western Mennonite School in Salem. We have a lot of exciting sessions planned for the day and have compiled a few reminders for the schools that have registered to attend:
- Remind students to pack a wastefree lunch from home along with snacks for the trip to and from Salem. We encourage chaperones to bring backup snacks to have on-hand.
- Prepare students to share stories with peers about green team projects and challenges at your school during the Green Schools Spotlight Session.
- Bring a display to show off the conservation efforts and creative reuse projects happening at your school. (See pictures below for examples.)
- We are accepting nominations for a handful of elementary and middle school students to be on the student panel. To nominate a student, please send their name, grade level and school to email@example.com by April 1. Students will be asked questions about their green team experiences by a moderator to generate discussion.
- Middle and elementary school classes will move throughout the sessions (1-4) together this year along with their chaperones.
- High school students will be touring facilities that require closed toe shoes.
View the schedule and map online:
For questions about the summit contact Meghan Borato and please direct questions about shared transportation arrangements to your OGS regional coordinator.
Thank you to our 2015 Summit Sponsors and Haulers that have made this day of celebration and learning possible!