Register today for the 2015 Coastal Learning Symposium, October 9th in Newport, OR.
This annual event features unique break-out sessions and field trips to provide pre-K-12, informal and post-secondary educators creative ways to address learning objectives using the ocean, forest and community as a context for learning. This year’s program is available online.
Highlights and things to note about this year’s Symposium include:
- Graduate credit available through Portland State University
- Marine Discovery Tour’s Coastal Learning Symposium Cruise of Yaquina Bay
- Diverse break-out sessions including Oregon Forest Resources Institute, Texas Instruments, Vernier Technology and Software, Ossie’s Surf Shop, Lincoln County School District, Oregon State Parks, Oregon Sea Grant and many more
- Keynote from Greg Smith, Professor at the Graduate School of Education and Counseling at Lewis & Clark College
Discounted accommodations available from Holiday Inn Express, Newport
Join the Symposium October 9th in Newport to prepare the next generation of Oregonians to experience and protect our state’s resources and legacy.
- Tillamook and LCSD staff can receive $10 off registration by entering the promotional code “LOCAL”.
- Registrations for schools that send 3 or more teachers receive 30% off registrations with the promotional code “GROUP”.
- New LCSD teachers (1st or 2nd year with the district) can register at no cost by entering the promotional code “LOCALNEW”
- Teachers that participate in the OCEP break-out session can enter the promotional code “OCEP” to receive $10 off their registration.
All promotions expire September 25th so register today!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.